Well done to Corky, Ger Leacy, Mick Foley, Bill Jordan & Billy Harris (hope I haven’t missed anyone) who took part in with out doubt the toughest County Championships since they were revived in the last ten years. Well done to Adrian Delaney and the crew from Barrow Wheelers who put on a great event and to Martin Mizgajski who was a very worthy winner and retained the title for the third year running. Anthony Doyle took 2nd while Richard Barry, a Wexford man riding for St Finbarrs from Cork took the bronze.
Unfortunately Barrow were let down by the other clubs who failed to provide even the small amount of marshals they were asked for. Adrian was left with the bare minimum number to run a safe race and managed his resources well. Slipstream, the smallest club in county, were the only club (apart from Barrow) to provide their proper share. Thanks to John Redmond who changed his plans at short notice and marshaled the Slaney junction with me.
Listerlin Circuit 22.1km 3 Laps http://www.mapmyride.com/
Sign on at the Rosbercon Parish Hall at 10am on Saturday 26th July. Race Start at 11am.
Important Race information
- Free entry to all those who have alreasy registered on the Wexford Cycling marshaling website, those who have not €15 entry fee
- Riders allowed ride are , Full members of a Wexford based club, Slaney ,WW, Barrow, SERC & Slipstream. Or have a permanent address in Wexford or have a parent or Grandparent from Wexford.
- Must have a club comp licence or above to ride.
- 2 races A4/Novice. Then A1-2-3 together, no handicap.
- Prizes for first 3 A4 riders. Prizes for first 3 over the line in the 1-2-3 race, then prizes for first A1 (if he doesn’t win over all), first A2 and first A3 riders.
- The winner of the A1-2-3 race will be crowned county champion
- Lap is 22km, A4 do 3 laps and the 1-2-3 race do 4 laps
Slaney CC requirement;
- Barrow Wheelers are hosting the event but it is a requirement that each Wexford club MUST PROVIDE 1 CAR AND 3 MARSHALS to assist the host club in running the event. If any club does not provide the required marshals then riders from that club who have signed on to race will have to take on the marshaling duty instead. This rule is fair to all clubs and will be strictly enforced.
- I need to get a list of Slaney marshals in by Wens so can volunteers text me by before then if available.
The Wexford 2 Day takes place on August 23rd and 24th. Last years event was a great success for Micheal Noonan and the Wexford Wheelers team and this year will be even better with a high profile TT on the Wexford Quay Front a highlight.
Entry is now open at http://www.wexfordwheelers.