- SERC GP, Sunday: David Dempsey and Caimin Ruth in the A4 and Murt Doyle and Conchubhar O Crualaoich in the A2/3 represented Slaney today. Unfortunately none of our guys got into the points. Well done to Wexford Wheelers Gary Morris who won the A4 race in a bunch sprint. I was driving lead for the A4 and it was good to see David and Caimin try to animate the race although to no avail.
- Best wishes to Wheeelers Frank Maddock who had a bad crash in the last 100m of the A4 race. He suffered some nasty cuts to the back of his head and the usual road rash. He was taken to hospital but we understand his injuries are relatively minor. We wish him a very speedy recovery. Also to the the SERC rider who came down just before Franks crash.
- Fair play to South East Road Club and Matt Heaney’s finish line crew who quickly managed to move the finish line 500m to allow the A2/3 race to finish while the ambulance and injured rider blocked the road at the finish.
- Commiserations to Pat Maguire whose passenger side wing mirror was an innocent victim of todays crash!
- Mountnugent GP, Saturday: Another 2nd place for Frank Dunne as he and Davy made the long spin to Cavan. Frank was away in abreak for most of the race taking 2 primes with Davy finishing 5th.
- Errigal Youth Tour: Stage 1 Unfortunately Fionn Jordan was taken down in a crash on Stg 1. Although he managed to finish his frame was broken. Plan for Sunday was to build up Bills bike overnight with Fionn’s youth gearing and other components and race today.
Wexford 2 Day
*****A4 and A3/2 Entry is now closed*******
Entry still open for A1 and Ladies only
Note the A4 entry is almost full and will be closing very soon. There are a few more A2/3 places left. If you intend taking part you need to get your entry in IMMEDIATELY. As noted in the post below the club will subsidise all Slaney entries.
Slaney entry so far; Conchubhar Ó Crualaoich , Jonathan Brady, Mick Foley, David O Connell, David Dempsey, Philip Skelton, Caimin Ruth
Enter the event here. All details on the Wheelers site http://precisiontiming.primo-solutions.co.uk/ps/event/CelticLinksFerriesWexford2DayCycleRace201
Bank Holiday Weekend Events
Saturday: Tour de Kilkenny Sportive – 160km,110km,70km and 40km routes http://www.marblecitycyclers.com/tour-de-kilkenny/
Sunday: Tour of Wexford Sportive -160km, 100km and 40km routes Tour of Wexford – Poster
Sunday: SERC Grand Prix (A2,A3 and A4 races) http://www.southeastroadclub.com/2013/07/25/south-east-road-club-g-p-2013/