Skip to content
- Thunder. Lightening. Floods. Rain of biblical proportions. And a bike race! The SERC GP had it all today. I probably got wetter today than anyday I’ve ever been on the bike and I wasn’t riding 4 or 6 laps! Fair play to all who completed the course. Tonto and Ger in 11th or 12th with David just behind were the best finishers in the A4 race. I wasn’t around at finish to the A2/3 but Paul Bolger, Murt Doyle and Mick McLean seemed to be in the thick of things in the main group behind the 4 man break. Murt is in flying form and won the Wexford Wheelers league race on thursday night. A few pictures here http://pix.ie/liamr/album/447644
- Big respect to the SERC marshalls today. It wasn’t particularily safe racing today but it can’t have been easy trying to stop cars in near zero visibility either.
- In Donegal Adam Thatcher had a tough day yesterday crashing hard after flipping over the handlebars. Despite injury and broken gears he managed to finish 12th in the class international field but was forced to pull out today. Hard luck Adam – there plenty of big days ahead.
- Marc Thatcher finished Saturday in 9th place in his first year U12 catergory and now flys the Slaney flag. more results later.
- Well done to Wexford Wheelers Odhran Stynes who’s also having a great race.
- Davy Walsh is riding the the Suir Valley 3 day for the Waterford team and had a great 12th place on todays 2nd stage. Conchubhar O’Crualaoich’s season has been ruined by illness and he was forced to pull out on Thursday.
- Well done to all Slaney riders at the Tour de Kilkenny and todays Tour of Wexford.