- Novice/A4 league at Davidstown on Tuesday CANCELLED due to weather and dangerous conditions on the course. An extra date will be added to compensate.
- Slipstream League commences in Inch on Wednesday May 2nd for a five week run.
- Waterford Racing Club Criterium League continues its 10 week run on Thursday May 8th
- Next Sunday Wexford Wheelers host the Frank O’Rourke Memorial road race on the Camross circuit. Underage races in the forenoon with seniors after. Details on the Wheelers site. Enjoyed many a spin with Frank O’Rourke. He had racing running through his veins whether riding 140 mile stages in the Rás, rallying, or racing touring cars in Mondello before returning to his first love of two wheels. Hopefully a big turnout from Slaney to support our neighbours and remember Frank.
- Next Tuesday May 8th The Wexford Wheelers TT League continues.
- Comeragh CC begin their Summer league in Waterford on Tuesday May 8th http://www.comeraghcc.com/?p=7294
- No shortage of racing out there!
Roundwood: More underage success today. Anyone whos watched any of the local underage races won’t be surprised that Elliott Young took his first win of the year in the U12 race with team mate Marc Thatcher taking 4th. In the U14 Adam Thatcher was unfortunate to unship a chain which meant a stop but with the aid of Eddie Dempsey in the Slaney team car Adam was paced back to the bunch where he rode through to take 2nd place. Ryan Byrnes sprinting prowess came to the fore again when he took 3rd ahead just ahead of Reece Young in 4th and Fionn Jordan in 5th.
David Dempsey, Ger Leacy, Murt Dyle all raced in Roundwood but unfortunately no placings to show for their hard effort in the wind and the hills. Mike McLean intended to race but when his Peugeot got to Ashford it took one look at the hills ahead and the headwinds and died a sudden death. Thanks to Bill for the recovery service.
Bog Week 2 Day: Defending champion Davy Walsh made the return trip to Connemara but despite a fine 4th place on stage one and 3rd on the stage 2 TT he was unable to regain his title. Top roadman Ryan Sherlock is in superb form at the moment and took victory on all three stages to win overall over the hard and windswept Connemara roads. Frank Dunne was 8th on stage 1 and Alan Galavan 12th. More results later. Conchubhar O’Crualaoich is still suffering from illness and was a non finisher. We wish him well and hope to see him back to his best soon.
Waterford Criterium League: Davy Walsh took the win in the first of ten thursday night criteriums on a new circuit at the Waterford Airport Business park. Frank Dunne was 5th. Report, photos and videos from Waterford Racing HERE