The Hope & Dreams 10 mile road race promises to be one of the biggest sporting events in Enniscorthy this year. With 1000 runners taking part the event will take over the town for a few hours on Sunday April 1st. Teo Leacy from event orgamnisers Slaney Olympic has been in touch to request the assistence of 8 – 10 cyclists to act as safety marshals for the event. If anyone is free for a few hours that morning let us know as it would be great for the club to be involved in an event hoping to raise up tp €100,000 for charity. More details: http://hopeanddream10.com/
Great weather for a spin on the bike this morning! Most of the group went on a road spin today with Finn, Riley & Jack sticking to the car park and MTB field. No underage spin next Saturday as its St. Patricks Day.
Best of luck to the racing crew
Looks like a big crop of riders from the club out racing tomorrow in Bohermeen and in Limerick. The underage season begins tomorrow in Bohermeen so best of luck to Adam, Fionn, Ryan and Marc and to any of the senior team heading either here or to Rás Luimní.
- Marc took 5th in the u12 race with Adam, Ryan and Fionn finishing 4th, 7th and 9th respectively in the u14. Great start to the season for Marc in his first season of open racing. With Ryan still suffering from a heavy dose and Adam & Fionn sick during the race it was a hard day in the saddle but a satisfying start to the season.
- Mark Driver finished a great 4th place in the A3 race in Bohermeen. Mark appears in much better form this year as he prepares for the Gorey 3 Day. We also had Pat Dobbs, David Dempsey & Bill Jordan in A4 race.
- Meanwhile in Caherconlish Shane Kelly and Davy Walsh were in action. No joy for either despite both being away in breaks. Davy showed his strength by sticking in an early break that lasted until the 110km point in the 120km race with riders of the caliber of Sean Leacy & Paudi O’Brien. Onwards & Upwards!
- Well done to Alan Galavan who had a great ride in Navan last Sunday finishing 12th or 13th in the tough Cycleways Cup A1/2 race. Alan followed up this result with another great ride in todays Rás Naomh Finan A1/2 race in Clonard finishing in the group sprinting for 8th place. Some quality riders just ahead of Alan in these races as he prepares for his first Rás Mumhan at Easter. Micheal McLean also raced but was unlucky to puncture after 20kms.
- Congratulations to Emmett Ronan from Barrow Wheelers who took victory in a mass sprint at the A4 race at Rás Naomh Finan. Emmett is a graduate of the Slaney CC A4/Novice league! Barrow looking like a strong team for 2012.
SERC 3 Peaks Challenge takes place on the 1st of April this year. All the details on the attached poster and check out the SERC website for maps etc. A great event by all reports.