- Well done to Frank Dunne and Alex Williams who finished 6th and 7th respectively in the Corkman 3 Day at the weekend. The pair were active in trying to breakaway during the three road stages but the racing was dominated by the Dan Morrissey team who took the first four places overall.
- Frank O’Leary rode the Tour of Ulster guesting on the Newbridge team. After a difficult first stage he was much stonger in the following stages, finishing in the main bunch in a very strong field.
- Willie McDonald is having a great season riding the Irish Veterans Cycling Association league and took his first win of the season at the Curragh on Sunday to add to his two second places. (Photo curtesy CRIPS PHOTOS)
- Edmund Harris took a bad fall at Kiltealy on the tour on Sunday. He suffered a nasty cut on his elbow and and other abrasions but was back on the bike quickly and we hope he’s not feeling too sore at the moment.
Some mobile pic’s from Sundays’s tour.
- Reminder to everyone on the tour, hold a straight line and remember the eleventh commandment : Thou shall not overlap thy front wheel with the back wheel ahead of you or thou will end up with thine arse on the ground.
- Don’t forget – With the weather improving (?) and a long hot summer ahead of us (????) from next Sunday the tour will meet at the Duffry at 9.30am.
- Round Three of the SlipStream summer league takes place on Tuesday 5th. Sign on at 7.00pm at Toss Byrnes, Inch.
- Next Sunday May 10th Noel Hammond Race for A & B riders. 5 laps of 14 mile circuit. Kieran Hammond Race for C’s, J’s, V’s and Ladies. 3 laps of 14 mile circuit. Sign on at Balyboughal GAA Club from 9.30am. Race start 11.00/11.10am Contact Aidan Hammond at 087-9881511 Using the old Balyboughal, Naul, Oldtown, Balyboughal circuit.
Finally Slaney CC would like to send our condolences to the family and friends of Seamus Burke, a stalwart touring member of the Barrow Wheelers Cycling Club, who died suddenly over the weekend.