- The James Butler 5 Mile Time Trial is traditionally the last competitive event Slaney run each season. This years event is provisionally penciled in for Sunday October 7th on the usual course Oylegate to Enniscorthy with all categories, adult & youth welcome. Full details later.
- As a warm up event we are holding a TT this saturday morning 29th on the Davidstown race circuit. This course is just under 5 miles. Youth and adult riders welcome from all the local clubs. Sign on/warm up from 9.30am, first rider off at 10.30am. No sign on fee – no prizes!
- Our ladies only Sunday tour will take place later in October possibly October 21st. More details to follow soon.
- SERC are hosting what looks like a great event on Saturday 6th October. Its the National Para Cycling Championships. Its on in Arklow, full details on The SERC website.
- With Frank O’Leary heavily involved in this event its a great time to congratulate him and pay tribute for the work he’s doing in Cycling Ireland with the Para Cycling and Junior squads. Franks had a busy year from managing the Irish junior squad at the Gorey 3 Day earlier this year he’s gone on to manage teams in numerous Irish and British stage races and at European and World Championships. He has a great squad of junior riders under his wing and is also involved with the 2020 Talent Team and hopefully will have even more riders from the South East in the future. While we don’t see much of him on the bike any more all at Slaney wish him every success in 2013 and beyond.
- Gary Morris is heading to Spain for a late season sportive on October 6th and invites any anyone interested to join him. Looks a nice trip but you’ll need to act fast. Details here http://www.wexfordwheelers.com/index.php/2012/09/alejando-valverde-sportive/
Corky & Rita last Sunday- Looks like Corky will be in trouble when Rita gets a babysitter!
- P & R Fitness are coming to Enniscorthy. Monday evenings 8pm to 9pm in the Astro Centre in Bellefield with Rita from October 4th and Thursday 7pm to 8pm in Bellefield GAA complex with Pat. Suitable for men & women (and cyclists!) Geta great winter workout. Classes €7 pay as you go. For more info contact Rita on 086 3864264
If any Slaney CC members with a Cycling Ireland licence did not receive THIS EMAIL from CI last week or are not getting the Breaking News newsletters it means I haven’t your email address on the Cycling Ireland membership site. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll update your details.
When your email address is setup you will then be able to get your password to renew your 2013 licence online once your club membership for 2013 is confirmed. A number of members are already using the online system which works fine. This facility should be available from November this year and should mean no delays in getting your licence or the need for any meeting January to pay licence fees. You will also be able to edit your address details and choose which licence you require – club, A4 etc.
There are a number of videos on the CI site to help with this process http://www.cyclingireland.ie/Home/Help-Videos.aspx