- Best of luck to Tonto Brady in A4 and Conchubhar O’Crualaoich in A2/3 at the Charleville 2 day this weekend.
- UPDATE: Tonto and Conchubhar had really tough conditions on saturday with heavy rain and freezing temopertures and did really well to finish. Conchubhar took 8th on stage 1 and 9th on stage 3 and finished 20th on GC. Tonto finished 31st on GC.
- This weekend sees the hill climb champs in JFK Park on Saturday.
- UPDATE: Fionn Jordan wins U16 section of Hill Climb Champs. Davy Walsh was 2nd senior rider. Great riding by Fionn who was fast eneough to finish 3rd behind Davy in senior category. Full results and photos on Barrow Wheelers website
- Mick Howe and I will be bringing our young lads for a few laps of the Davidstown circuit on Saturday mornings at 10.30am from this week. We’ll see how it goes weather wise but we’ll probably do it until end of October if weather stays ok. If any other underaged or their parents want to join in they are very welcome.
- UPDATE: Great spin this morning. Nothing like a spin with 9/10/11 year olds to lift the spirits. We’ll be out again next Saturday.
- Great to see so many out on tour last Sunday (5 women – must be a record!). Sunday looks the better day of the weekend so hopefully we’ll have a good crew out again this week.
- UPDATE: Another big turnout and a great spin around the mountain taking in Bunclody, Myshall and home through Kiltealy. Great to see the numbers out and hopefully we’ll keep it up over the months ahead.
- Congratulations to Ken and Chantelle Blanche on the birth of baby Isabella last Sunday. Ken is obviously working away on his very own Rás na mBán team for a few years time!
- We’re pencilling in Sunday Oct 6th for our final competitive event of the year – The James Butler Memorial TT. Usual format 5 mile TT from Oylegate to Enniscorthy for adult and underage.
A great new family cycle on September 15th organised by Phil Skelton in aid of Hospice homecare
Please support this great family end of season event.