Well done to the succesful Slaney team at the Rás na nÓg 2 day youth stage race in Drogheda. Slaney’s U14 team of Adam Thatcher, Fionn Jordan, Reece Young & Ryan Byrne won the the team prize with Adam finish 4th overall and Ryan and Fionn in the top 10. Adam was away in a 4 man break on todays longest road stage. Containing the top four on GC this was a strong group and Adam finished 2nd on the stage. Ryan Byrne then won the bunch sprint for 5th with Fionn and Reece close behind. With Slaney intelligently putting 3 riders into the top 10 on every stage they achieved their prerace goal of winning the team prize. Final overall positions for our lads was Adam 4th, Ryan 5th, Fionn 9th and Reece 14th. Elliott Young was the clubs lone entry in the U12 event and despite not long turning ten put in a great weekend and was 7th U11 overall after the final stage. Peter has posted about the youth events on the forum and I’ll update when next post is up.
- Can’t say enough about this bunch of lads. They are a credit to their parents. Polite, friendly and with a wicked sense of humour, they are great fun to be with and we’re very proud of them.
- Well done also to Becky Heaney from SERC who I think was the only other local participant. Becky is in great form and was recently selected for the womens 2020 talent team. Just realised Odhran Stynes from Wexford Wheelers, another talented U14, was also competing.
- Other news: Trying to arrange a committee meeting for next thursday evening with the Mount Leinster Challenge the main item on the agenda. Venue to be confirmed. Can all committee members please attend.
- Liam Bennett TT League round 3 takes place on tuesday event. Approx 15km event starts at Holmestown at 6.30pm
- If anyone fancies some indoor training and raising some serious sweat my mother is organising a céilí at the Riverside Park Hotel next wednesday at 8pm. Proceeds to the South East Radiotherapy Trust.
- Barrow Wheelers 100/150/200km Sportive takes place next Sunday April 29th at 8/9am depending on distance.
- Some more nostaglia. Thanks to Murt Doyle for these. I Might open a separate page for these as I have plenty more to scan if people have an interest in seeing them??