Skip to content
- Tonto Brady ended up in Wexford Hospital yesterday after coming down in a pile up of riders in the closing stages of the SERC GP on the Inch circuit. Tonto suffered the usual cuts and bruises and a bang on the head left him with some concussion. We all wish him a speedy recovery. Some of the other fallers didn’t fare so well with a couple of broken collar bones. Best wishes also to Slipstream rider Peter Rafter who was brought to St Vincents Hospital after receiving more serious injuries.
- In Donegal on Saturday Reece Young was involved in a mass pile up in torrential rain conditions which resulted in him being taken to hospital after receiving a bang on the head and the usual road rash. Reece took part in the U16 TT on Sunday morning placing 10th but was unable to take any more part in the 3 day race.
- On Saturday Fionn Jordan avoided the crashes and was in the first group on the road chasing the two man break when a mechanical in the last kilometers forced him to a halt before getting going again and finishing 29th on the stage.
- Unfortunately worse was to follow on Sunday when in a similar incident to last year he was wiped out from behind. When his bike was recovered from a ditch it was found that, just like last year, his had another broken frame.
- Elliott Young U14 had a slightly less eventful weekend and riding strongly was 16th on GC for first year U14s at the end of stage 3