SCC will be running a series of short spins aimed at newcomers to cycling. The purpose of these spins is to get you used to riding in groups, getting fit while having fun and to build up the distance at a reasonable pace.
We will begin with an orientation session on Saturday April 22nd which will get you familiar with your bike and some cycle safety basics. We will follow this with a short spin to Ferns and back on Sunday April 23rd.
Our Novice Spins will continue each Sunday until May 28th when we will have our club “coffee spin” which will see all club members head for Kilmuckridge where we enjoy coffee and cake and great craic!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in coming with us!
Sat April 22 Orientation Session @ 10:30am (Back of Donohoe’s Garage)
Sun April 23 First novice spin to Ferns @ 10:00am (Pettitt’s Car Park)
Sun April 30 Second novice spin (route TBC) @ 10:00am (Pettitt’s Car Park)
Sun May 7 Third novice spin (route TBC) @ 10:00am (Pettitt’s Car Park)
Sun May 14 Fourth novice spin (route TBC) @ 10:00am (Pettitt’s Car Park)
Sun May 21 Fifth novice spin (route TBC) @ 10:00am (Pettitt’s Car Park)
Sun May 28 SCC Coffee Spin to Kilmuckridge @ 10:00am (Pettitt’s Car Park)
The following are required to participate on these spins:
- Hard Shell Helmet & Mobile Phone
- Road race bike is preferred in good working order, or a hybrid with straight handlebars.
- Quick release wheels if possible
- Tyres and brakes must be in good condition
- Pump, tyre levers and spare tubes in case of road side punctures
- Food, water bottle, money and rain jacket (depending on conditions)
- To continue to join club spins after the novice series, you will be required to join Slaney Cycling Club and Cycling Ireland our national federation. All Slaney riders are Cycling Ireland members as this covers us from a 3rd party insurance while on the roads.