Some dates & info from last nights committee meeting;
- Saturday 5th November 11am Sprocket Rocket/MTB session. As you know from the AGM we’ve being trying to get an off road/cyclo cross course up and running for the kids. Next Saturday we’re going to have a one off Sprocket Rocket/MTB session for 8 – 14 year olds meeting at the usual spot behind Donohoes Garage. Road or mountain bike suitable and we’ll decide on future days later.
- Saturday 5th November 2pm Ladies Training As a follow up from the ladies spin a few Sundays ago we have a 1st training session starting also at the rear of Donohoes Garage with some skills coaching in the car park followed by a road spin. Nothing too difficult or strenuous, just some simple advice on safe group riding/training/gearing etc. All welcome.
- Saturday 12th November 9am (for 9.30am sharp start) Racing Section ALL Slaney members who intend racing in 2012 are requested to take part in a 1st group training spin of the winter. Meet at the Riverside Park Hotel carpark for a 3 hour spin with support car for wheels/jackets etc. Meeting of racing section afterwards to discuss planning for the 2012 season.
- Club Gear Order. We hope to get a gear order off by the end of next week. We will be ordering plenty of jerseys and shorts but if anyone requires anything else they need to email or text with their sizes etc. We’ve had four or five requests so anyone else needs to contact us ASAP. (There are still about 10 thermal jackets left in stock if anyone needs a winter jacket. They are top quality, nearly too warm and are reduced to €60 now.)
- Christmas Night Out. Bill Jordan is organising the Christmas night at the Alamo Restaurant in the Riverside Park Hotel on December 2nd. All members and partners are welcome to come for a meal or drop down later for a drink. No set menu or price – everyone looks after themselves on the night. Theres no deposit etc required but Bill needs to know numbers to book a table so let him know over the next week or two.
- Youth Training with Sam Bennett Sat Nov 12th SERC’s Derek Webb has organised a youth training day to be led by An Post/Sean Kelly Team professional and Irish U23 champion Sam Bennett. Venue is the Arlow Bay Hotel, cost is only €5 and the event is open to youth riders from all the local clubs. Sam is a rider with huge potential for the future and will discuss his training schedules etc and do a winter spin with the youths. More details later.