Many thanks to all our riders and helpers and especially the ladies of the legendary Kiltealy foodstop for another great Mount Leinster Challenge.
- Too many people to thank individually so a big thank you to everyone who put in the effort to make the MLC a success again in 2012. Its the friendly support people get each year that keeps them coming back. (and the food!)
- We’ve had very positive feedback from people who rode the event in the form of emails, text messages and requests for recipes.
- It was also great to have a former Tour de France rider Paul Kimmage back riding the event with his daughter for the 3rd time if I remember correctly.
- Thanks again to Paddy Redmond and the Irish Red Cross who provided an ambulance and a 4×4 and thankfully were not needed to act but its a great support for us to know they are there. Paddy also acts as a marshall and rounds up the stragglers for us!
- Thanks to Bellefield GAA and Kiltealy Community Hall who allowed us use their facilities.
- Thanks to PJ the DJ for livening up the start and to Cllr. Jackser Owens for the official start.
- Thanks to Paul Nolan who set up a temporary workshop in Bellefield from 7am and came to the rescue of several people.
- Thanks to Little Dragon Energy Shots (J Donohoe’s) and to Lucozade who very kindly supported the event again this year.
- Can all flags, hi viz jackets, car signs and magnetic signs and flashing lights be returned to Mick Byrne at the novice race on tuesday night please. We need these all returned to a central point where we can get them for various races.
Hard Bike Box Needed – Adam Thatcher has been invited to race in the 55th Junior Tour of Achteved in Holland from July 15th to 21st. If anyone got a hard bike box that Adam could borrow for a week or so around these dates it would be very much appreciated
What a climber! Fionn was in the front group at the base of the Corrobutt and crossed the mountain in about 25th to 30th place.
Photos from this years event can be found at http://cfphoto.photoshelter.com/gallery-slideshow/G0000rfdHf05vX.c/?start= and more at http://pix.ie/liamr/album/441865