- TOURING: The Paddy Martin Randonnee (100km &80km) takes place this Sunday 20th. Run by Bray Wheelers see more details HERE
- RACING: SLIPSTREAM have two training races coming up on 20th and 27th Feb. Further details on the forum. As these are normally handicapped into three groups they should suit some of our new members eagar to try their hand at racing.
- Touring: Charity spin taking place in Ballymurphy on March 2011
- The Lanzorote crew have arrived home and I’m sure a heavily edited version of how the week went will appear here soon! (Thanks to Dave Allen for the photo of Frank at the stop after the Tabyesco climb – Anyone care to suggest a caption …..?)
- If anyone spots a suspicious looking character in Clonroche (yeah…) wearing a Slaney gillet can they contact Paddy Dunne as he lost his on the road there on last Saturdays training spin.
- SPROCKET ROCKET will take place as usual at Donohoes Garage on Saturday 11th. Under 10s at 2pm sharp, older kids at 2.30/2.45.
- As its getting close to the start of the season if anyone still needs to order a licence you should act now. We have about 20 licences printed and another 9 or 10 in the second batch pending. I’m also still waiting for one or two I.Ds and parental consent forms. See below for some info on current situation from CI.
- There is also a non competition licence available for €20 which would suit anyone touring or taking part in leisure/sportives but not intending to race even local league races .
- If anyone has still to pay club membership subs it would be great to get it all sorted by the end of February.
- Slaney teams have been entered for the Easter stage races in Gorey (Mark Driver, Alan Galavan, Shane Kelly, Mick McLean, Caimin Ruth & Dan Szczech) and Rás Mumhan (Murt Doyle, Frank Dunne, Frank O’Leary and guest riders Conchubhar O’Crualaoich & Davy Walsh). If anyone else decides they want to ride the Gorey 3 Day you probably have a few days before entry is closed.
- Well done to County Champion Tony Breen from SERC who has been selected for the Cycling Ireland Junior Development Squad 2011
From Cycling Ireland: 10/02/2011List of licences printed
Dear CI Members,
Please find a list of all processed and printed licences applications up Feb 10th ( Printed_members-10-2-2011 ) There are more licences in the system being processed on a daily basis as applications are being recieved. If you have applied for your licence before the start of February please check with your club secretary that your licence has being approved before contacting the office. The fastest way to have your licence processed is via the online registration/renewal process. At present there is a backlog of postal applications which is taking about one week to process. For those needing a licence for the start of the racing season (Feb 26th) your application must be submitted by Feb 16th. This current set of licences will be distributed to the clubs from next week onwards. An updated list of printed licences will be posted on the CI site at the end of next week on Feb 18th.
Rory Wall, Cycling Ireland