Many thanks to the 26 riders who took to the start line for todays James Butler Memorial. Its the last event of a great cycling season in Wexford (bar hamper races!) and we know a lot of riders are well into wind down mode. We had gorgeous sunny conditions but a slight headwind took the edge off times with everyone over a minute down on last years times. In the end Davy Walsh took his 6th win on the trot with the narrowest of wins over Anthony Doyle. There was literally a pedal stroke between them! Frank Dunne completed the top three place clean sweep for Velo Revolution. (I made one mistake at the prize presentation by not taking into account Slaney’s top finisher Mick Foley’s youthful good looks but I will rectify it this week! Sorry Mick)
Full Results : James Butler TT results 2014
Thanks to Mick Howe, Pat Whitney and Larry Doyle for help at the event and Sean Rowe was on photographic duty again so loads of pictures to follow.
- We were asked who was James Butler? Click http://www.slaneycyclingclub.com/?p=5467 and scroll down last years post which explains where the James Butler Cup came from.
Slaney’s final event of the season is the James Butler Memorial 5 mile TT which will take place on the usual Oylegate to Enniscorthy course on Sunday 12th October. All clubs & categories, adult and youth welcome. Youth riders – no aero equipment , TT bars, discs etc., just standard road bikes. No following cars please as its just too dangerous when riders are being overtaken however if we have any U12s they can be accompanied on a bike by a parent or chaparone for safety.
Distance is just 5 miles (and half downhill!) so we are encouraging all the touring crew out there to give it a blast as well.
Sign on from 10AM in the car park behind The Slaney Inn, Oylegate – no sign on or parking at the line. Adults €5, Youths free. Usual prize categories – first three overall, unpl A2, unpl A3, unpl A4, unpl vet O/40, unpl vet O/50, unpl lady and U16/14/12
Sign on closes at 10.30 1st rider off at 10.45am.
Senior Roll of Honour
- 2013 1st Davy Walsh 9mins 29sec, 2nd Anthony Doyle, 3rd Frank Dunne
- 2012 1st Davy Walsh 8mins 59sec, 2nd Denis McCarthy, 2nd Eoin O’Shea
- 2011 1st Davy Walsh 9mins 20sec, 2nd Anthony Doyle, 3rd Frank Dunne
- 2010 1st Davy Walsh 10mins 05 sec, 2nd Anthony Doyle, 3rd Frank Dunne
- 2009 1st Davy Walsh 10mins 09sec, 2nd Denis McCarthy, 3rd Eoin O’Shea
- 2008 1st Denis McCarthy 11mins 50sec, 2nd Paul Bracken, 3rd Patrick Dobbs
- 2007 1st Frank Dunne 10.16, Murt Doyle, 3rd Conchubhar O’Crualaoich
- 2006 1st Patrick Dobbs 10.57, 2nd Frank Dunne, 3rd Murt Doyle
- 2005 1st Frank Dunne 10mins 03sec, 2nd Patrick Dobbs, 3rd John Dobbs
2013 full results James Butler results2013