Happy New Year everyone. Looking forward to another great year in 2012!
- Dates for your 2012 diary;
- The next Slaney CC racing section group training spin is on Saturday 7th January at 9.30am from the Riverside Park Hotel. As we head into the New Year these spins are essential for anyone with Gorey 3 Day or early season racing plans.
- Can everyone on the training spin bring along €2 to cover diesel costs for the support car please!
- Message from Pat: All set for club training ride next Sat morning. Meet at Riverside car park at 9am. The A4s will leave at 9 20 sharp led by Mick Byrne followed by the A1/2s and A3s planning to ride the Gorey. This group will leave at 9 30 led by Frank Dunne. Time to get stuck in now lads so leave the attitudes and excuses at home. We’ll do the same route as before as it’s safe but Frank’s group will take in a loop of Camross.
It’s up to each rider to be self sufficient.
This is basic stuff lads so don’t be depending on someone else to look after your needs.
Each rider must have the following:
A roadworthy bike i.e. good tyres, brakes and if possible, mudguards.
… 2 full bottles.
2 spare tubes/tyre levers and pump.
Enough food for a 4 hr ride.
Mobile phone or spare change.
If you bonk or puncture 20k from home there’s no point in sitting in the ditch hoping someone will stop.
Always err on the side of caution. You can take off a layer if you’re too warm but if you get cold you’ll pay the price.
Please be on time and leave spare wheels, bottles, rain capes in my car. I’ll look after both groups but if I can get a second car all the better.
Try and get used to dropping back to the car for drinks etc and getting back on to the group. This is a skill in itself, just ask the lads who rode the Ras. It’s essential to master this as it’s part and parcel of stage racing.
I’ll try to arrange showers for those travelling from Carlow and further afield.
Finally, a happy and healthy 2012 to all our members. Have the confidence and belief in your own ability and the courage and determination to see it through. Our motto for this year: HTFU.
- If anyone on the training ride wants to pay for 2012 club membership & race licences I will be at the Riverside on Saturday. Full competition racing licence A1 to A4 is €125 plus club membership €30. If you had a licence last year all your details will be on the CI system and I will order first batch of licences. Otherwise our club registration night will probably be towards end of next week. Details later. Cycling Ireland fees 2012 – 2012-All-Fees
- Sunday tours resume next Sunday 8th January after the Christmas break
- Saturday May 19th – Mount Leinster Challenge
- Saturday July 7th – Slaney CC Open Youth Races
- Sunday July 8th – Eddie Tobin Memorial Road Race/ Leinster Cycling Championships
- Finally we’re sorry to hear that Dympna Redmond, mother of great club members & supporters Catherine, Fergal, Noel & Eamonn Redmond, is in hospital in Dublin at the moment. We wish her a speedy recovery.