The 4th round of the Slaney A4/Novice league takes place tomorrow night at 7pm in Davidstown. The allocation of five marshals from Wexford Cycling is a big help and allows us to keep our races safe and to marshal extra junctions.
This weeks Wexford cycling marshals are;
- Martin O’Connor
- Brian Cullen
- Micheal Finn
- Liam Cullen
- Micheal Doyle
To run the Davidstown races we need;
- 3 lead cars (4 if we squeeze in an underage race)
- 2 marshals for The Leap junction
- 4 marshals for Clonroche junction (+2 for Boolabawn junction if we have the numbers)
- 3 marshals for the final corner
- 1 marshal for finish line
As you can see we still need our own members & friends to give us a dig out. So if anyone is free for an hour or so from 6.45pm to 8pm please come and give us a hand. Drop Liam a text on 087 8334592 if you are free.
Mount Leinster Challenge
We’re only 4 days away from the Mount Leinster Challenge so we also need to put a big shout out to help us run this event successfully, and most importantly, safely. The foodstop crew have been busy for weeks planning, baking and preparing to feed 300+ hungry cyclists. The committee have being working hard putting this years event together and the final piece in the jigsaw is help on the day. We know most members want to ride but if you are not riding please give us a hand on the day. If you are riding you can still help in the days beforehand or help with parking in the morning.
How can you help?:
- Road marking crew & signage – 2 road marking crews needed for Thursday and/or Friday evening
- Preparing the field, sorting out parking (and no parking area!) early
- Preparing and filling goodie bags – This task has been completed now
- Helping with sign on
- Driving lead and advance warning cars
- Driving or being part of a mobile marshal crew to head for Borris, Bagenalstown, the mountain or Bunclody to get cyclists safely through junctions
- Driving or being part of a service crew to assist any cyclist in trouble
- Driving or being part of the broom wagon crew to ensure nobody is left unassisted.
- Being part of the welcome crew in Bellefield when the riders get back to ensure they get refreshments and directions to showers etc.
- We will happily take any offerings of sandwiches, cakes, buns and anything else a cyclist will devour after 140kms!
We’ll be in Bellefield from 6am setting up and the cyclists will depart at 9.30am. The welcome crew will need to be in place from 1pm. You don’t have to be up tied up all day if you can commit to helping for a number of hours. Drop Mick a text on 087 9171824 if you can help
What brings people back to the Mount Leinster each year from around the country is the good reception we can give and the people who look after the cyclists are what makes the day special. Be part of the team.