Slaney Underage League 2012 prize winners
TT Results: Slaney Youth Races 2012 Many thanks to the kids who turned up for our final event on the Davidstown circuit. There were some fantastic times last night with each and every rider giving their all. Well done to Nicholas Howe on his first ever ride on a racing bike and to recent members Charlie O’Hagen, Martin Curren and Kieran Cooney on their first TT’s. Thanks to everyone who helped in anyway in our underage league especially the parents who brought children to the events, our marshalls (thanks again last night to the ever present Billy Roche & Stephen Flood from Wexford Wheelers who are always willing to help), to Paul Nolan at Kennys for Bikes but mainly all our underage riders who are the best bunch of lads you could go for a spin with.
(I had a look back at last years times and Adam did an 11.16 compared to an 11.52 a year ago, Billy Cooney 14.39 compared to 15.58 and Marc Thatcher 14.31 compared to 17.55. These underage guys are geting faster and faster so if your an A4 you better watch out! Adams 11.16 would have given him 4th place in last years adult TT, 1 second off Joe Rossiter in 3rd and just 24 seconds off last years winning time. On a maximum gear of 49×16!).
Chasing Shadows – David Nolan & Conor Ruth cast a long shadow at Saturdays Youth Races
- Photo’s from Saturdays youth races and from yesterdays Leinster champs are now up on http://pix.ie/LiamR
- SERC’s league continues on Wednesday night
- The final round of the Waterford Criterium leagues takes place on Thursday with Davy Walsh level on points with Mark Nugent and Robin Kelly both Waterford Racing Club. Davy has held yellow since round 1 but has faced an uphill battle each week as despite able assistance from his ‘manager’ Frank Dunne, Slaney have generally been well outnumbered by local Waterford riders.
- Keep an eye on Wexford Wheelers site for a new race on Friday 20th around Taghmon. (The Dirr circuit??)
- Mark Hayden Memorial Road Race. Leinster Sunday 15-Jul Road A+,A1,A2,A3,A4 Mark Hayden memorial Carlow road CC Brian Hayden 087-6723153 A1,A2 120K, A3 100K, A4 80K Start Time – Sign-0n Venue Kildavin GAA club 1pm
What a save! – Following a touch of wheels Marc Thatcher kept the bike upright but was forced off the tarmac and unto the dirt and gravel. Showing great confidence and bike handling skills he managed to ride off the gravel , over the the lip of the tarmac and back into the U12 bunch!