Great to have a good turn out on tour this morning which went south west into a strong headwind towards Taghmon and Adamstown and flew home with the wind behind. Corky was on fire on his new Dolan Ares and needed no wind to fly home!
Theres so much happening at the moment its impossible to keep up with all the local events so keep an eye on club websites for results and updates.
- Mondays: http://www.southeastroadclub.com/ SERC underage league begins on Monday 13th in Arklow
- Tuesdays: Round 2 of our novice /A4/Underage league continues this tuesday. As usual can we request as many members as possible to help out with lead cars and the two bends we need covered. We have a few marshalls missing this week so come along if you are free.
- Tuesdays: http://www.wexfordwheelers.com/ Don’t forget our Novice league alternates each week with the Liam Bennett TT league.
- Tuesdays: http://www.comeraghcc.com/ The Comeragh racing leagues continues each Tuesday in Waterford
- Wednesdays: http://www.slipstreamcyclingclub.com/home/ Slipstreams racing league continues each Wednesday in Inch.
- Thurdays: http://www.waterfordracingclub.com/?p=1508 The Waterford criterium series continues each week at Waterford Airport. Our Davy Walsh holds the yellow jersey after 3 rounds and David Dempsey won the first prime of €10 last week so big money to be made!
- Next Saturday is the Mount Leinster Challenge so the underage training spin at Davidtown is cancelled
- Sunday 20th : The Betty Darcy Memorial Road Race – See Slipstream site for details
- Sunday 27th: The Barrow Wheelers open race takes place details on their site. http://www.barrowwheelers.com/index.php/events-news/blackstairs-details-2012
We had senior & under racers out this weekend.
- Frank Dunne & Davy Walsh headed to Irelands most prestigious one day race, the Shay Elliott Memorial RR, held over a punishing route in the Wicklow mountains. On a wild and windy day which broke the race into small groups both lads finished together in the top 30.
- Adam & Marc Thatcher, Ryan Byrne and Fionn Jordan (recovered from his crash last week) took part in a 2 stage one day race promoted by Newbridge CC near the Curragh. With a TT in the morning and a road race in the afternoon Adam finished 2nd overall behind Dion McCarthy from Fermoy with Ryan 4th overall and Fionn 8th overall with Marc 8th overall in the U12
- On Sunday morning Adam & Marc were joined by Conor Ruth and also Ross Evens from SERC at the great new cycling circuit at Corkagh Park, Dublin. The venue is great with a super smooth surface over the 1.2km twisting circuit. In the U14 Adam broke away early on the first lap with Adam Stenson from Lucan and Dion McCarthy from Fermoy and the trio were never caught, lapping the field by the end. On the tough windswept drag to the finish Adam was beaten into 3rd With McCarthy winning. Marc & Conor went in the U12 and rode very strongly in the early stages before the wind and terrain took its toll and they faded out of the places.