Eddie Tobin Road Race 6th July & Slaney CC underage races 5th July
As most of you know due to our allocated date clashing with club members being away on the trip to the Marmotte and others on holidays we had planned to postpone our Eddie Tobin Open races for a year. However the county has already lost open races in New Ross and Gorey this year and rather than lose another event the clubs are coming together under the Wexford Cycling banner to co-operate in running this years event. There are ever increasing demands placed on clubs in running these events safely and if we want open races to survive we need help running them.
The format will stay similar to previous years with four separate, but renamed, events on the Bunclody circuit;
- The Eddie Tobin Memorial Road race for A1/2 riders
- The Barrow Wheelers Grand Prix for A3 riders
- The Sam & Betty Darcy Memorial Road Race for A4 riders
- The Noel Redmond Memorial Road Race/Round of the National Womens League
In order to run the event safely we normally need in the region of 12 cars and 20 plus marshals. By pooling our resources for 2014 and each club providing cars and marshals what Slaney need to come up with is 3 cars and 6 marshals. If anyone is free on the 6th of July to drive a lead car or to take on a junction can they drop me a text please or let me know by Sunday so we can prepare our race plan on Monday evening.
Our underage races will take place on Saturday morning on the Davidstown circuit. The races will last an hour and a half or so and again we will need 4 cars and 8 marshals. If any Slaney members are unable to help on Sunday because they are racing they could assist on Saturday instead. Again it would help planning if we can get an idea of who is available by Sunday.
The Dragon Sportive Sunday 29th June
This sportive was a great succcess last year and and even bigger crowd is expected this year. The event is to support the important work of the local St Vincent de Paul society. Online entry at http://www.fitmagazine.ie/events/race/skoda-cycle-series-dragon-sportive where there are a number of entry options with or without jersey or there will be a separate Slaney CC entry sheet on the day.
Route, maps etc at http://www.kennysforbikes.com/the-dragon-sportive
The Ferns St Lukes Sportive 20th July
Its just under a month to the annual Ferns Sportive. Over the past 3 years the event has raised over €30,000 for cancer care, cure and research at St Luke’s Hospital.
- Registration from 8.30-9.30 in Ferns GAA Grounds Co Wexford. Starts at 10am on July 20th.
- There is 100K and 60K routes available.
- Parking, showering and changing facilities will be available
- Goodie bag, finishers token, food stop and FREE BBQ and LIVE MUSIC afterwards for all participants.
- All details are on http://www.mysport.ie/st-
- Call Ger on 0877923917 for any info or if you wish to obtain a sponsor card.