Many thanks to everyone who attended last nights AGM in Bellefield. 2011 was a fantastic year for the club with a huge number of events and great success on the racing front. Among the items reviewed were;
- The great results of the senior squad over the season. Frank Dunne ends the season a 3rd ranked A1 vet in the country with Davy Walsh in the top 8 ( when CI put back up the correct league table!). The underage section raised the bar again with wins all over the country. Highlights – the lads success at the National champs. Have a look at some of the open results for the year – Slaney Open Results 2011
- The work with the underage/Sprocket Rocket. I think Pat said he coached 600 children in different schools during the year!
- Novice League in Davidstown. Over 80 different riders took part
- The Eddie Tobin Memorial RR/Leinster Championships. Over 200 riders. Bronze for Alan Galavan
- The Eddie Tobin Youth races.
- The Mount Leinster Challenge. 300+ riders and the clubs main fundraiser for the year
- National Bike Week spin
- The Ferns St Lukes 100km Sportive. Raised over €10,000 for St Lukes. (if any members still have cards or money to return it should be in in th next few days.
- TT Leagues
- The loss of John Wickham, our friend and club member, in January was remembered.
- Thanks expressed to Paddy Redmond & the Red Cross, The Town Council & the Guards for their support. Also to our friends and supporters in Nolan Transport, Crescent Seafoods, The Riverside Park Hotel & Kenny for Bikes.
and looking ahead
- Pat is hoping to start a cyclocross/ mountain bike league in the area behind Donohoes garage beside where we ran the Sprocket Rocket courses earlier. Its a mixture of on road and off road and suitable for cross or MTBs. Mark Driver, former National MTB series winner, will be giving the underage some coaching and we hope to start in the next few weeks.
- Ladies coaching days coming up.
- Club Gear – order for jerseys & shorts going in soon. If anyone needs any OTHER gear ie jackets, skinsuits, gilets, leggings etc drop a text or email with sizes to Mick or Liam so we can build up an order.
- December 2nd is the date for the clubs Christmas night out at the Alamo restaurant in the Riverside. All welcome to come for a meal or drop down afterwards for a drink.
- Mobile Phones – John Dobbs is collecting old, unwanted mobile phones for Irish Autism Action. details here http://www.autismireland.ie/campaigns/614/ I have Johns contact number if required.
Committee for 2012 is
- Chairman : Mick Howe
- Secretary: Liam Ruth
- Treasurer: Pat Whitney
- PRO: Mylie Kavanagh
- Frank Dunne ( Race Liason)
- Peter Thatcher ( Youth Liason)
- Rita Dempsey (Child Protection Officer)
- Mick Byrne
- Paul Nolan