- There are 2 places left for the Marmotte trip in July. Accomodation & travel is arranged so if anyone is interested please contact Stephen Kelly on 087 2783226 for details.
- A few lads have expressed an interest in buying fleeces like the ones we gave to ladies at the MLC. I’m going to get prices for the mens version. If interested maybe stick a post on the forum.
- I haven’t had a chance to update the league standings (been a busy few weeks for everyone!). I’ll add in week 4 and week 5 results later in the week.
- Round 5 takes place on Wednseday at 7.00 at Davidstown
- Theres no shortage of racing at the moment. Slipstreams have TTs on Monday and RR on Fridays. SERC have underage on Mondays. Check their websites for details and results
- Wexford Wheelers Frank O’Rourke RR is always a great event so keep May 29th free in your diary. This event is also open to A1 riders this year so its A1/2, A3, A4 and underage races.
- If any Slaney members haven’t got one of the new black/red beanies yet Bill Jordan or myself have some left.
A4/Novice League Round 5
(Finish pictures are at http://pix.ie/liamr/album/410768)
Not for the first time the hardy boys from Kilkenny arrived in Wexford and took the spoils! Well done to Micheal Barron and Joe Ryan from Marble City Cyclers who took 1st and 2nd tonight with teammate Brendan O’Reilly 4th. Peter Thatcher was 3rd as the semi limit group worked well together for all 5 laps and made sure the scratch group took back very little time.
Elliott Young SERC took the 1 lap race from Darragh Jennings SCC & Darragh Ferris WW. Adam Thatcher won the 2 lap event from Odhran Stynes WW and Ryan Byrne SCC.
New table after rd 5 attached: Novice League Table & start list 180511
A4/Novice League Round 4
Another tweaking of the handicaps saw a very competitive race with the groups only coming together at the end of the final lap. One rider however managed to survive from the limit group to stay ahead to win on his own. David “Corky” O’Connell spent almost all the race on his own after braking away from the limit group and managing to hold a 30/40 second lead for about 3 laps. In the end he crossed the finish line only about 20seconds ahead of a storming group led in by Stephen “The Dark Warrior”Kelly, Nick Coughlan, Paul Bolger, Mick Walsh, Tom Lucas, Tonto Brady and Eoin O’Shea. I’ll update the league table when I get the sign on sheets from Pat.
The underage racing was as competitive as ever with a great first time win for Billy Cooney from Liam Stamp, Elliott Young, Darragh Jennings, Marc Thatcher and Gary Walsh in the U12 event . The U14 race went to Ryan Byrne ahead of Craig Collier, Fionn Jordan, Adam Thatcher, Reece Young, Neil Kelly, Cormac Redmond and Odhran Stynes.
Thanks as always to our ever present marshalls and drivers and those who helped at short notice